Thursday, June 5, 2008

THE CONSTANT


Ok.

It's been awhile...I know. It's been a difficult past couple of weeks.

My father just lost his life to a bout of cancer...I wanted to put something up to honor him. But i can't really get around to drawing things new. So this is old.

Something that i just received from my inker Mark Irwin on the Spidey/Ms Marvel project that seems to be slated for September now? Who knows...

I guess why i'm posting this for him is because his passing made me realize that I have things in my life that I should cherish more.

Namely...My girlfriend.

She doesn't like it when i post shit about me and her up here.She's private. Feisty. Strong.

(i.e.- she deals with my constant bullshit...anyone who comes here knows that being any kind of artist comes with bullshit. it's the high cost of dreaming on a constant basis of a life unimaginable. it's taxing to everyone around you because i realize i live in a constant state of make believe at times.)

So back to my point of the post...

Ms.Marvel...

3rd panel in is totally Her. Classic Skute. I use her to model my version of Ms.Marvel. Because Ms.Marvel is Bold,Beautiful and scrappy...Constanly a bad-ass.

and that's not made up.

It's funny how life imitates art.

M.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Was wondering we you've been. My condolences, bro.

Chad Hardin said...

Hey Mark sorry to hear that. Cancer friggin' sucks.